Thursday, March 31, 2011

sum of all its parts

part the first

yes, so i am getting there slowly but surely. got Hosting sorted out, we begin work on the actual architecture this weekend. Not got logo yet but it's in the stewing pot and shouldn't take much longer. going into bank/s* to rob them on saturday ... cos i do need to get me a business account, I suppose. i used to think that stuff was lank boring but it isn't ... it's exciting, it means that i am quite serious about actually trying to make some munny.


checking out the naughty bits

holy crap, i got the catalogues on Wednesday ... i've gone purple. the place where i'm getting my 'stock' from is based in South Africa but their head office/factory is in Germany ... the catalogue is about five hundred pages thick, is heavier than a bible and has over 7000 products in it. some of the stuff would make a sailor blush.

two

so there i was all getting excited for delivery of my brand new notebook that was supposed to happen tomorrow ... only to find out that they aint got stock. then the chap emails me and says "we can't get the red one but they've got pienk ... would you like a pienk laptop?"

(he's Afrikaans is my salesman, so has a cute way of spelling things)

PINK
Fuck the EFF OFF !


My reply went something like - "
Do I look like a PINK person to you? If you bring me a PINK 'puter, I will smash you over the head with it."

He does have a sense of humour does my IT salesman but for effs sake, i'm quite pissed off actually. Why make me go through all the rigmarole of opening an account, take my money and then tell me you haven't got stock and erm ... won't be ordering that particular model anymore because it's been superceded with another range (of course, more expensive). Now I have to wait while he gets a few more for me to see and emails me the specs etc. etc. .... quite irritating. So i won't be playing with a brand new toy over this weekend and i was so looking forward to that.


three

my eldest g-child (who is six in May) had her first concert today and all the 'old folks' were invited. it was very sweet, i'm so proud of her.
babysitting little man on sat'day night - cos mom, dad and eldest g-child are going to some birthday party for one of their ex-biker friends. I have decided that i am going to get him an Optimus Prime Transformer or some such mega-toy and we are going to play with it, make a lot of noise, eat junk food, watch movies, drink beer, jump on the bed ... the usual stuff you do with 20 month old toddlers.


seven (were you honestly counting?!)

can't see myself getting any leave this year, which is making me a bit depressed. i'm very tired and really would like a week or so to myself and it looks like that is how i will be spending holidays in future. what with school and holidays and the man and woman of the house having to tailor holidays to suit school holidays. we can't all go away at the same time, what with the business/es etc. The lady and man of the house, with children, are going away towards the end of April for almost two weeks (camping at the coast) and yours truly has the place to herself. it will be fun for one or two days but then it will be crap, cos i always miss them when they are not here. i'm supposed to have gone down to Hermanus already to scatter my mum's ashes in the sea ... stupid. won't be doing that any time soon and don't want to go near Hermanus for a very long time, if ever at all but i wouldn't mind going down to Cape Town. I miss you, you know. Yes, you.

C

I'm still madly in love with this Radiohead thingie - i know this band is not everyone's cup of tea. i just think their music is so technically brilliant, smooth, liquid and complex. why they stopped at 8 tracks is beyond me.







*just thought i'd put that in to see if anyone's awake or actually reading this piffle on a regular basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment