Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Howdy doodie and 'ey up ...

Where to start?
Well let’s begin with a checklist of stuff that i’ve managed to sort out for my new Adult Toy website, which will be launching (going Live) in July (Dog willing).

 Organised domain name registration and hosting/email/website etc.
 Organised purchase of company and registration – just waiting for updated CK docs
 Organised back-end database and nitty gritty technical stuff and am currently working night and day to get that all 100% fine, so my developers can sign it off.
 Organised my other developer to finish (almost) the overall look of my website, colour scheme and LOGO (yay got that today)
 Organised payment gateway – registration, integration set-up information for the main developer
 Sourced some quite excellent suppliers – ordered maningi Rands (and US Dollars) worth of stuff ... hey! Keep out of my cupboard, you!
 Started working on product descriptions but this still needs a lot more razzmatazz and vavoomffff ...
 Organised ideas for marketing campaign for launch party
 Started working on Internet marketing campaign - sheesh
 Presently sorting out gorgeous packaging = even though goods/products will be delivered in anonymous/discreet packaging per courier or post, the initial boxes that things are wrapped in has got to be stupendously wonderful. No expense spared on that score!
 Getting quotes now for stickers, magnetic decal for my car, business cards, pamphlets and leaflets

 Coming up with new ideas for the blog, which is an integral part of the website .... now this is where YOU come in ...


I’m thinking of offering a small fee for erotic short stories or really funny articles with a sexy angle – no more than 500 words a shot. South African contributors will be paid R500 per published piece per EFT or credit card; overseas contributors would be paid the equivalent in offshore currency per Paypal.

I will credit the author- so i would need your name or alias, city/country of domicile and if you want the item linked, then your personal URL/blog address - for publishing purposes
Copyright will remain yours.

I am working out the basic editorial guidelines because I have to be very picky and choosy about what i put up there on the blog! The guidelines are looking like this:

1. All pieces are written with the express understanding that the piece is published on an Adults Only website (i.e. content is for over 18's only)- you will have to sign a disclaimer.
2. No foul or obscene language to be used in the pieces - just good writing ladies and gents. There are many acceptable terms you can use for the sex act, you don't have to use the F word or others like it. Don't test me on this - i will be very careful what is published on the blog.
3. You can write on any topic that has a sexual, erotic nature - so long as it doesn't feature bestiality, children ... the usual no-nos.
4. I will have ultimate editorial control - if i want to use your piece but feel it needs editing, I will discuss with you and if you agree to the changes, then voila we are all happy.
5. I will only pay for the article within 14 days of it being published live on the Blog. So, for example, if you submit work to me and I accept it, you will only get paid once it has been published.
6. I have control over when your article/piece is published, if something comes along after i have accepted your piece that is better, more topical or livelier, then it will get preference over yours.

The above guidelines are normal practice and what I had to work to when i did freelance writing for the Star newspaper in Johannesburg.

I will initially only feature one story and article per month, thereafter if things get going it could increase to a weekly thing.

Please let me know if anyone would be interested in participating.
I'd really like to have something special on the Blog when we go live in July.

No comments:

Post a Comment