Thursday, July 12, 2012

diddling about

speaking of Fleetwood Mac  ... nice tribute album over on SoundCloud for your listening pleasure (and mine) ... posted the Karen Elson cover of Gold Dust Woman on my Twit account but my fave so far is the very cool Matt Sweeney/Bonnie 'Prince' Billy cover of 'Storms'

that all said, i am from that era ... grew up with Peter Green (the original Fleetwood Mac, sans Lindsay fucking Buckingham) ... it all went down hill pretty fast, as far as I was concerned when Green chucked it in and left FM.   Yes, the man was a loony - well, no fucking wonder, he was 1000% genius - a technically faultless guitarist, immensely talented song-writer, seriously gorgeous Blues vocalist ....

So from their second 'LP'  "THEN PLAY ON"  which was released a few months after I arrived in South Africa in December 1968,  I give you the sublime and I think best of all vintage, raw, true (i.e. non-watered down) Fleetwood Mac tunes of all time. Period.     


No comments:

Post a Comment