Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Isms ...

I have now found out that I am a ''lyrical expressionist" ... this isn't a bad thing, I guess.   It means they've found a label for my ... er ... art.
These are some of the things I've been working on lately:

For Hayzel
 24" x 24" 
Acrylics on stretched canvas
Oh yes, it's finished. I even signed it.

Make a splash
 24" x 18"
Acrylics on Artist board
Also finished and signed. 

Whispy
 19½" x 16"
Acrylics on stretched canvas
What another one finished?!  Glory be. Not signed yet. 


Then on the other hand, Darren (only some South Africans will get that reference) ... these I want to destroy, burn, jump on, fling into the skip ... but my son told me to promise NEVER to throw away or destroy any work ever again.  So I'll hide them in the attic.

This will never be finished
 24" x 18"
Everything but the kitchen sink on stretched acrylic - i.e. ...
caulk, glue, every kind of paint you can think of and other stuff.
I hate this thing, it's days are numbered.

Seemed like a good idea at the time
24" x 18"
Tons of stuff - mainly Pebeo paint, recycled plastic, metallic paint, caulk ... proving that too much is too much.  Also do not like this at all, very disappointed and I had such high hopes for it.
I told it today, 'You've been a bad girl and will get a smack'.  It didn't even flinch.

2 comments:

  1. You are so Funny mom, Love your wording of ïts days are numbered" hahahaha. Your work is awsome!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah (in best Eyeore voice), it would be good if I could actually sell some of this shite though.

    ReplyDelete