Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Bits and bobs

When I feel a bit better (hopefully tomorrow), I'm going to try and take a walk out and grab some shots of the spring blossoms.  The trees are all decked out in their summer dresses - pink, white, yellow ... and there are daffodils everywhere.

The garage encounter for the MOT on my car wasn't painful at all - only 69 pounds and they fixed the driver's side mirror that had been smashed by a 'hit and run' driver last year. So all in all I was well chuffed with that. So the car is now legal and licensed for road use for another year.  Don't have anything to do to it either  - other than top up the oil and water from time to time. Grand little car this old Vauxhall of mine and who'd a thunk it?  I've never been much of a fan of Opel (same as Vauxhall in South Africa) but I'm starting to think differently about these cars.

The throat bug that has almost flattened our family, which I thought was the result of my tooth infection, is still not out of my system and I talk like I've got a mouth full of golf balls.  All the females in our household have it at the moment - although lady of the house bravely went to work yesterday and today, she seems to be getting better.

We are going to see a house on Wednesday evening, hopefully it's going to be okay for our brood. It's a bigger house and slightly more a month but worth it for the extra space. Also these specific landlords want long-term lessees, so that will suit us better.

No comments:

Post a Comment