Friday, April 4, 2014

Off the side of my head

So tomorrow marks the twentieth anniversary of the death of Kurt Cobain. 20 years.  Wtf.  That's not right, surely.   What were you doing in April 1994 then?  Wow, what a mind trip.  That was like a long, long time ago.  I'd just got divorced.  Seriously wanted to move to the UK but couldn't, due to my mother still being alive in Cape Town and my children needing moral and emotional support.  I remember sitting in my little one-bedroomed flat one night, contemplating suicide.  Even though I'd extricated myself from a dead marital situation, I was still trapped and I would forever be trapped (as far as I could see it then).  But then I put on some Nirvana and banged my head a bit ... years roll by, life goes on, shit happens and da dah ... now I'm living the dream. 

No comments:

Post a Comment