Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Post Hiatus might be over ...

Look I HAVE been posting to this blog throughout July and up until now ... but I turned off 'public' view and saved the stuff as drafts because it's all notes for the book I'm now starting to try and put together.     'Nuff about that for now.

There are quite a few things going on in my (and our) lives at the moment here in ye olde Long Stratton. I have, Dog forbid, actually started using Facebook occasionally. I am not in anyway proud of that fact but it has helped me 'network' with local people and get to know what's going on here. I try to stay away from FB as much as I can.

I have been doing a lot of 'crafting' work - making things for a Christmas Fair stall that I have set up for the beginning of December.   Some of the things I've been doing on a regular basis:

  • experimenting with paper bead making and making jewellery to sell at the Fair.
  • wire wrapping of beads, stones and other things
  • dying silk scarfs with sharpies and rubbing alcohol 
  • crocheting 'Olaf' beanies and other plain beanies, hats, scarves etc.
  • Made Christmas snowflake ornaments
  • Helped my daughter create wonderful Christmas bauble wreaths (for selling at the Fair) 
  • doing some more poured paintings (more on that later).
  • crocheting a blanket for my bed, knee blanket/throw and now I have volunteered to make a double blanket for a work colleague of my daughters. 
  • I've started cutting out a costume ball gown style dress for my grand-daughter, that I am making for her as a Christmas present - I hope to get stuck into that next week and get it finished. 
  • Completing the finishing touches to a woven ribbon baby blanket that I started making when we were in South Africa. 
  • Writing (yes, I've actually TODAY printed out all the notes that I've assembled for my book - about 50 pages so far of notes, so I've got no excuse, there is a lot of meat to work from)
  • Trying to better understand my camera, bemoaning the fact that I don't have a DSLR, using my tripod and having a great time learning new techniques but I do need to look at getting a DSLR early next year. 
  • Went to the Isle of Mull and Oban earlier - the website with photos on is here 

I am going on a cruise to Norway next year April with my Auntie Jean ... paid my share at the end of October, so I'm really looking forward to that. Although how I'm going to get to Tilbury Docks I don't know.

There are loads of other things that I've gotten involved with, done or tried to do but I'm not going to say anymore, other than I'm back and hope to write a few things of interest in the coming weeks leading up to Christmas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment